JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Take a leadership role in your community by becoming a member of the Board of Directors at Amal. Our Board of Directors is a dynamic group of women who volunteer their time, skills and vision to ensure Amal’s sustainability and development. Board of Directors commit to a one-year mandate and are voted into their role by the active members of Amal at the AGA.
Available position on the Board of Directors:
- Directs the Amal Center’s external communication efforts, namely designing and implementing communications plans
- Supervises the volunteers who comprise the communications committee
- Leads in the creation and sharing of materials for fundraising campaigns and events and PR initiatives.
- Manages consistent and on-brand social media, web and mailing presence by creating original content to reflect center activities, sourcing and sharing relevant news and special interest items
- Creates and drives special communications, marketing and community engagement projects on an ad hoc basis
- Represent Amals at community functions and events as agreed by the Board
- At least 1 year or more of experience in communications and/or marketing (experience acquired while a student will be considered)
- Knowledge of and experience with best practices in marketing and communications, ex: brand management, digital communications and public engagement.
- Demonstrated ability using tools such as social media, design tools (ex: Canva), Google products, MailChimp and/or WordPress.
- Strong organizational skills, capacity to manage deliverables and keen attention to detail.
- Written and spoken bilingualism
For more information, or to apply for a position on the Board of Directors at Amal, email your CV and a brief letter of intention to [email protected]
BECOME A MEMBER (click here to apply)
Becoming a member of Amal is great a way to get involved and stay informed on the centre’s activities, objectives and growth, without committing to a volunteer mandate. Your support as a member makes a difference in the lives of our clients! As a member, you will be invited to the Annual General Meeting, allowing you to:
- Be informed of Amal’s activities and financial situation of the previous year;
- Learn about the planned projects for the upcoming year;
- Cast your valued vote in the Election of the Directors for the Board; and
- Present yourself as a Candidate for one of the positions opening this year on the Board of Directors
At just $20 per year, become a part of a pioneering women social service that serves women who often have no one else to turn to. Help build our community into a healthier, stronger society!
Become a member today by filling out this form and sending your $20 membership fee via Interac e-Transfer to:
For more information, email us at [email protected]