Job: Case worker
Amal Center for Women
Saint-Laurent,QC (Work from home due to COVID-19)
The Amal Center for Women is an inclusive center that collaborates with women to develop their independence, improve their living conditions and heal the wounds caused by their experience with domestic violence, mental health, and a variety of issues. The Amal Center operates in Ville Saint-Laurent, Quebec and serves the Montreal and greater Montreal region. Our mission is to provide support and assistance in a culturally competent manner to women and their families in the hopes of fostering their well-being and development.
The Center is hiring 2 social workers or case workers to join its dynamic and passionate team of social workers, board members and volunteers.
Along with adjustable amount of work-hours per week, the chosen candidates will have the capacity to determine their work hours on a flexible, appointment-based basis.
- Intake of clients (assessment, inform, and guide clients)
- Conduct assessments of psychosocial needs of the client and provide referrals of resources
- Provide individual, family and group counselling services
- Plan interventions to facilitate client and family adaptation and improvement of well-being based on the assessed circumstances.
- Maintain client files and perform follow-up assessments
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- A Bachelors/Masters Degree in Social Work
- 1-2 years work experience in social work with a focus on women’s issues
- Familiarity with Middle Eastern, North African and South Asian cultures
- Excellent assessment, communication and administrative skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Capacity to work autonomously and creatively
- Capacity to innovate workplace processes based on organizational needs
- Fluency in other minority languages may also be considered an asset
Nice-to-have/ additional assets:
- Fluent in English and French required, OR a combination of one official language, and Arabic, (due to client demographics) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Montreal-area stakeholders (organizations, institutions and government agencies, etc.) is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Productivity Applications (Google Drive, Documents, etc.) is strongly preferred
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience.