To provide support and assistance in a culturally competent manner to women and families in difficulties, such as domestic violence, in hopes of fostering their wellbeing and development.
The Amal Center for Women is an open, inclusive, and welcoming center that collaborates with women and families in difficulty to improve their living conditions, develop their independence, and heal their wounds. The Amal Center for Women is a registered non-profit organization with charitable status.
The Center offers psychosocial services that respond to the needs of the women and families, while also conducting community outreach to raise awareness on the issues of domestic abuse, conjugal violence and mental health in ethnocultural communities. The Amal Center accepts cases related to conjugal violence, marital conflict, divorce, parent-child conflict, parent-adolescent conflict, youth protection, depression, mental health, immigration, integration, orientation and more.
To learn more about our services and activities, click here.
- Promoting the well-being of women and children in a holistic manner, at both the individual and family level
- Serving as an individually-tailored referral center that links the members of various communities to appropriate and relevant services
- Developing effective communication skills within couples to encourage healthy familial environments
- Building bridges with other community groups and organizations that promote similar objectives
- Raising awareness through education in multicultural communities of the rights and responsibilities of women and domestic abuse