The Amal Center for Women was founded with the mission of supporting some of Montreal’s most vulnerable women and their families.To provide support and assistance in a culturally competent manner to women and families in difficulty such as domestic violence in hopes of fostering their wellbeing and development. Our services have been designed to respond to their needs, and are delivered both by our dynamic , specialized Intervention team (social workers and caseworkers) and our dedicated volunteers.
Our clients are extremely diverse in their demographics, needs and experiences, however there are significant trends which are important to highlight to best understand the impact of Amal’s work:
- 67% of the families we serve live under the Montreal-area poverty line
- 100% of the individuals we serve live under the Montreal-area poverty line
- 84% of our interventions benefit children
- 64% of our clients are Arabic-speaking, in addition to knowledge of English and/or French
- 20% of our clients are Urdu-speaking, in addition to knowledge of English and/or French
Explore our services in more detail below
To learn more about our mission and objectives, click here.